As the Accounts Clerk within our finance team you will be working within a motivated and friendly team, reporting to the Head of Finance. Your primary responsibilities will be processing the company’s purchase and sales invoices and completing thorough account reconciliations.
• Processing purchase ledger invoices to ensure costs are correctly allocated and authorised before payment. Querying pricing and delivery discrepancies, requesting credit notes where applicable.
• Reconciling supplier statements and requesting missing invoices.
• Complete new supplier forms and set up on sage
• Processing sales orders to invoices at point of despatch and sending invoices to customers.
• Reconciling customer and supplier accounts, investigating discrepancies so they are resolved in a timely manner.
• Promptly and effectively dealing with customer queries and raising credit notes where applicable.
• Complete fortnightly supplier payment runs.
• Credit control duties to include contacting customers to chase overdue invoices, by telephone and email.
• Processing new credit application forms and credit checks.
• Send month end customer statements.
• Update customer pricelists.
• Familiar with UK and EU VAT, EC sales lists and Intrastat
• Work closely with the sales and production teams.
• Maintain good working relationships with both colleagues and stakeholders
• Other duties as required
This opportunity would be most suited to a methodical individual with a keen eye for detail and strong reconciliation skills.
• Previous experience in a similar role with strong reconciliation skills and credit control experience is essential
• Previous experience using Sage 50 Accounts is essential
• Working knowledge of excel
• Motivated with ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Good communication skills