The role of Distillery Administration Assistant at Masons Yorkshire Gin covers a multitude of tasks and involves being a crucial member of the office team. This role is a hands-on role and requires customer service skills and the completion of quality control documentation.
You will report to the Production and Technical Manager and Office Manager and be required to perform various functions, including the tasks, duties, and responsibilities shown in the job description below:
- Welcoming customers in to the shop, offering samples of our award-winning gin and vodka whilst promoting the brand and product.
- Processing customer payments in the shop, cashing up and managing stock replenishment.
- Reception tasks including answering the phone, replying to email enquiries and form filling.
- Processing trade orders through Sage and reconciling invoices against purchased items.
- Process HMRC alcohol movements and duty documents.
- Inspecting company vehicles.
- Maintain accurate records of purchasing in accordance with office procedures.
- Conduct periodic reviews of supplier prequalification.
- Maintain document and record keeping practices.
- Ordering raw materials and consumables as required to maintain stock levels, communicating issues early to prevent delays.
- Assist in compiling information for weekly and monthly reporting.
- Occasional ad-hoc roles related to the business as required.
Personal Qualities & Behavioural Traits
- Verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be punctual
- Ability to work independently and self-manage work load
- 3 out of 4 Saturdays a month.
- 22 – 24 hours per week.
- Needs to be flexible to cover the needs of the business, eg. holiday cover
Minimum 1-year relevant administration experience
Previous experience in spirits industry
Experience working with Sage Accounts
For further information or to apply, email [email protected]