With the Great British Bake Off final not long round the corner, we have made ourselves a Masons Lime and Lavender Drizzle Loaf! inspired by the Great British Bake Off! Below is a list of all our ingredients and method on how we made it, featuring our Lavender Gin.
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- Finely grated zest 1 lime
For the drizzle topping:
- 100g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 15ml Lavender Gin
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Beat together 225g softened unsalted butter and 225g caster sugar until pale and creamy, then add 4 eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
- Sift in 225g self-raising flour, then add the finely grated zest of 1 lime and mix until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin (8 x 21cm) with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 mins until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix together the juice of 1 lime, 15ml of Masons Lavender Edition and 100g of icing sugar.
- Prick the warm cake all over with a skewer or fork, then pour over the drizzle ? the juice will sink in and the sugar will form a lovely, crisp topping.
- Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve. Will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.